Volunteering with Friends & Neighbors (F&N) can be both rewarding and challenging. Some of our volunteer opportunities include assembling survival bags, participating in mobile outreach events, and preparing “thank you” notes for regular donors.
Depending on the circumstances, it may also be possible to participate in “boots on the ground” street outreach activities. However, volunteering in this way is not for everyone.
Our volunteer application is provided below.
However, before submitting the application, please consider the following: Information related to service recipients, staff members, other volunteers, and F&N programs must be kept confidential. Also, as a volunteer, you may be exposed to persons:
- Who have a prior felony or other misdemeanor charges and may have been incarcerated.
- Who may have communicable diseases.
- Who have varying degrees of mental, emotional, or physical health issues.
- Who are currently dealing with addiction issues.
- Who may not have the opportunity to perform daily or weekly hygiene habits.
Thank you for considering F&N when choosing how to donate your time and talents!
By providing a telephone number and submitting the form you are consenting to be contacted by SMS text message. Message & data rates may apply. Reply STOP to opt out of further messaging.